Just got my hands on Burns Brian May guitar from Soundslive in Newcastle.
nowhere else in the area seemed to have one.
Ive wanted one of these since I was 14 so for me its more than a guitar its buying a piece of my boyhood love of Queen.
An hour after buying it I had 3 guitar lessons to conduct. First lesson wanted her photo taken with it. Second lesson wanted a photo of it for his dad and the third lesson had already started putting money aside to buy a one to put on his living room wall.
Plugged into guitar rig 3 and selecting vox amp, treble booster you really do get that unique Queen sound of We Will Rock You and Keep Yourself Alive.
If theres a downside is the trem doesnt look like the original and the trem arm is a bit tricky to fit. But hey who's complaining.
Grover lock in tuners Burns Trisonic pickups and in and out of phase switches its the real deal.
The first thing you'll notice is all three pickups can be switched on and off individually.
85% of Brian Mays sound is produced by using the bridge and middle pickup.
- Bridge Pickup - Trebley Sound
- Neck Pickup - Warm Mellow Sound
- Middle Pickup - In the middle both physically and tonally
- All Three - Gives a huge tone
- Only works when more than one pickup switched on
- Two Pickups in Phase - Rich Tone
- Two Pickups Out of Phase - Trebley Tone
- Two Pickups In and Out of Phase - Thinner Sound
- Hammer To Fall
- Tie Your Mother Down
- Brighton Rock
- Rich Violin Tone
- You Take My Breath Away
- Use Fingers instead of sixpence
- Screaming lead tone
- Bohemian Rhapsody
- Somebody To Love
- March of the Black Queen
- A Strong Bright Lead Tone
- Stone Cold Crazy
- A cutting sweet sound
- Rich Tone
All Three Pickups Bridge Out of Phase
- Rich Tone (High Levels)
All Three Pickups With Middle Out of Phase
- Brian May Calls this 'Bread and Butter'
- Piercing at high levels
Brian May Guitar Manual
guitar lessons south shields rock licks guitar tuition